Couldn't attend ACTFL 2013? Not to worry -- now you can access many of the same great sessions that convention attendees did -- right from the comfort of your own home or classroom! Did attend but couldn't get to all the sessions? If you missed these great sessions, you can view them as well.
The ACTFL 2013 Annual Convention and World Languages Expo is the world's most comprehensive event for language educators at all levels of instruction and has long been a staple on language educators' professional development calendar.
Just because you couldn't travel to Orlando or get to all the sessions you had intended while there, doesn’t mean you have to miss out on this incredible professional learning experience. You now have an opportunity to access a selection of sessions from the ACTFL 2013 Convention and earn professional development credits or CEUs.
- Keynote Address: Creating Innovators with Passion, Play and Purpose by Tony Wagner
- Plenary Session: The Tipping Point • Language Learning for a Changed World by Carl Blyth, Noah Geisel, Felix Kronenberg, and Kevin Gaugler
- Keys to Planning for Student Learning: Focus on Unit Design by Donna Clementi and Laura Terrill
- Assessing Performance • Using AAPPL to Improve Language Learning by Paul Sandrock and Danielle Tezcan
- Global Possibilities for Students Helping Students Reach their Linguistic Destinations by Carmen Scoggins
- The IPA as a Framework for Thematic Units by Linda Quinn Allen
- Keys to Planning for Student Learning: Linking Curriculum to Performance by Laura Terrill
- Building Proficiency Using Classroom Formative Assessments by Priscilla Russel and Rosanne Zeppieri
- Real World Texts: Building Critical Thinking Skills and Cultural Understanding by Paul Sandrock and Donna Clementi
- Common Core and Language Learning: Developing Literacy by Paul Sandrock
- Taking on the Tough Guys: Homework, Grading and Feedback by Lisa Lilley
- See What Goes on in the Classroom of the ACTFL National Language Teacher of the Year by Noah Geisel
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to pay with a purchase order, you must contact ACTFL at firstname.lastname@example.org.